Dental implants are the most advanced and natural-looking option for replacing missing or badly damaged teeth. Dental implants are surgically placed in the jawbone to provide a secure anchor for customized tooth restorations. Although many dental professionals offer dental implants, choosing a dentist with certified expertise in performing complex dental implant cases can be vital to the success of your treatment. Considered some of the best prosthodontists in NYC, our team at Schweitzer & Schweitzer, PC is exceptionally qualified to plan, design, surgically place, and restore dental implants. Each of our dentists has completed in-depth postgraduate training and received extensive experience in advanced methods of tooth replacement and restoration. If you are considering dental implants, we encourage you to contact our office to schedule a consultation with one of our prosthodontists to explore your tooth replacement options.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several significant advantages over other methods of tooth replacement. For qualified candidates, they can:
- Provide unsurpassed reliability and stability, which allows patients to talk, chew, smile, and speak with confidence.
- Stimulate bone growth to maintain jawbone density.
- Deliver strong, durable, and long-lasting results with proper care.
- Be maintained through normal dental hygiene habits, such as regular brushing and flossing.
- Help preserve healthy surrounding teeth.
- Secure single-tooth restorations, bridges, or dentures.
- Look completely natural and blend well with surrounding teeth.
We perform every stage of the dental implant procedure in-house at Schweitzer & Schweitzer, PC, which enables us to provide continuous, highly-customized care and achieve a high rate of implant success.
Candidates for Dental Implants
Candidates for dental implants must typically meet the following criteria before undergoing the implantation procedure:
- Present good overall health and exhibit the ability to heal properly.
- Display good dental and gingival health, as any infection or gum disease present in the mouth can threaten implant success.
- Be missing one or more teeth.
- Have ample jawbone density to properly support implants. If there is not a sufficient amount of healthy bone tissue for implantation, bone grafts can potentially be placed to provide the required degree of support.
During a consultation, your dentist will perform a thorough dental examination and medical evaluation to determine if you are well-suited for dental implants. To schedule an appointment with one of our skilled implant dentists, please contact our office.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The first stage of the dental implant procedure involves the surgical implantation of the titanium post, which ultimately anchors the restoration to the jawbone. During surgery, the post is carefully implanted within the area of your jawbone that provides proper positioning and maximum stability for your future restoration. The area is then allowed to heal, and over the next three to six months the implant should become securely fused with the bone. When the implant (or implants) is fully healed, the abutment (fastener) and custom-designed restoration can be attached and fine-tuned to complete the process. In the unlikely event that a complication arises during the lifetime of your dental implant, our team is equipped to quickly diagnose and treat your concerns to prevent incidents of implant failure.
Dental Implant Results
Results achieved with dental implants at our practice are incredibly natural-looking. The majority of implant restorations are fabricated in our own, on-site lab according to the exact specifications of each patient’s needs. Our implant-supported dentures, crowns, and bridges are crafted with the highest-quality materials and attention to detail, which enables them to look, feel, and function much like natural teeth. Many of our patients report that receiving dental implants has not only improved their smile, but enhanced their confidence and quality of life as well.
Contact Schweitzer & Schweitzer, PC
For more information about restoring your smile with dental implants, contact our practice to schedule a consultation today.